Sun, 26 Feb|
Forest Bathing / Shinrin-Yoku
Take time to pause & notice the woodlands as winter ends and spring starts to emerge. Bathe in the healing power of nature and her magical trees, plants and wildlife. Notice what’s ending for you and plant positive intentions for the months ahead. Tickets £18
Time & Location
26 Feb 2023, 10:30 – 12:30
Amersham, Amersham, UK
About The Event
- We’ll explore a few different woodlands in Amersham, connecting with the life and energy of the trees, leaves, plants, soil, singing birds and more.
- We'll take a mindfulness walk to open our awareness, bathing in the power and energy of mother nature.
- This event will go ahead no matter rain or shine, so please dress in suitable warm outdoor clothes that may get dirty. outdoor clothes and wellies!
What is Forest Bathing?
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means "taking in the forest atmosphere" or "forest bathing" was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine.
Shinrin-Yoku is an evidence-based approach to encouraging people to engage with the natural world – particularly trees, and demonstrating through clinical testing and research the physical and immunological benefits of contact with Nature.
This is not exercise, hiking, or jogging. It’s simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. Shinrin-yoku is like a bridge. By opening our senses, helping to bridge the gap between us and the natural world.
The scientifically-proven benefits of Shinrin-yoku include:
- Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body's Natural Killer (NK) cells.
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
- Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
- Increased energy level
- Improved sleep
Apologies, we are unable to offer refunds. However, if you can no longer make it, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and just let us know in advance.
Forest Bathing£18.00Sold Out
This event is sold out