Tue, 30 Jan|
Amersham Free Church
Awaken Your Year : Cacao Ceremony
Start 2024 by working with the master plant cacao, unlocking your inner wisdom and connection with nature—set intentions for the new year and create space for nourishment, new opportunities and joy. Tickets £29
Time & Location
30 Jan 2024, 19:30 – 21:45
Amersham Free Church, Woodside Rd, Amersham HP6 6AJ, UK
About The Event
We’ll drink organic raw cacao from Peru, prepared in a ceremonial dosage. It may taste quite bitter compared to other chocolate you may have experienced.
It will be a very gentle experience, ideal for people who haven’t tried cacao before, alongside being open for people who would like to work deeper with the plant.
Within our cacao ceremonies, there is no pressure to drink all the cacao; you are welcome to follow your intuition and drink the amount you wish. We also welcome people who don't wish to drink cacao but want to experience the sacred circle and ceremony; simply let us know beforehand, and we'll prepare a special herbal tea for you to enjoy.
Cacao ceremonies have been around for thousands of years, originating all the way back to Mayan and Aztec traditions in Central and South America, used for spiritual, medicinal and ceremonial purposes for inner awakening, heart opening and creative guidance.
We’ll create a sacred circle and drink the master plant cacao together. We'll enter into a multi-dimensional state of expanded awareness where you can connect with your heart, intuition, purpose and inner wisdom—connecting and moving to emotive songs, followed by relaxing and allowing the healing vibrations of the gong to take you on a journey to deep relaxation.
What to bring
- To ensure you’re comfortable, it’s worth wearing loose-fitting clothing layered clothing, plus bring a yoga mat, blanket, pillow, and eye mask if you have one.
- Your favourite ritual objects and something found in nature for our altar.
- An offering for Mother Earth (a crystal, seeds, beans, flowers, leaves...)
- A notepad to capture any thoughts, feelings or ideas you experience.
- It’s also worth bringing a bottle of water to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Plant vibration is subtle. It works best when sticking to a vegetarian or vegan diet and avoiding alcohol, dairy or heavy food three to five days before the ceremony.
- Also, try to eat lightly on the day of the cacao ceremony.
- We'd recommend drinking lots of water and eating something filling after the ceremony, as this will help ground you.
- You shouldn't drink ceremonial doses of Cacao if you are taking antidepressants or if you have a serious heart condition.
- It’s not recommended in the first three months of pregnancy.
- Tinnitus/ Menieres / Epilepsy or any condition which is sound sensitive or could be triggered by sound.
- Metal implants/pacemakers, etc. (can resonate the metal and also change the rhythm of pacemakers)
- Anyone with a serious mental health condition.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Apologies, we are unable to offer refunds. However, if you can no longer make it, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and just let us know in advance.
New Year's Cacao£29.00