Sat, 22 Apr|
1-day Wellbeing Retreat
Gather with us on World Earth Day to experience a day of connection, wellbeing and nature. We’ll be slowing down to connect with the wisdom and creativity within ourselves, each other and nature. SOLD OUT
Time & Location
22 Apr 2023, 10:00 – 17:30
Croft Farm, Great Gaddesden, Hemel Hempstead HP1, UK
About The Event
Gather with us on World Earth Day to experience a day of wellbeing and creativity. This is a wonderful opportunity to slow down, and connect with the wisdom within ourselves, each other and nature.
It’s the perfect 1-day retreat if you’re looking to recharge your energy, get some headspace and clarity, spend a day with a friend or discover new friendships. There’s absolutely no need to be artistic, you’ll be gently guided to express yourself.
Your hosts will be Deborah from The Chiltern Sound Spa and Artist Jay Nolan- Latchford. We have picked the wild and quirky Croft Farm, which has a range of fabulous indoor and outdoor spaces for us to use and explore, including a hot tub.
The day will include:
- Slowing down and connecting with nature and all her wonders.
- Mindful walking and journaling.
- Visiting the Amaravati Buddhist Monastery.
- Deborah will host a relaxing sound spa with aromatherapy oils.
- Jay will lead an activity where you’ll get to create your own affirmation cards.
- There will be sharing circles, and we’ll collectively make a nature mandala.
- Fire pit and music
- Throughout the day, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect with like-minded souls.
- We have the opportunity to use the hot tub if you’d like.
- We invite you to bring your own packed lunch, and we’ll provide drinks and morning/afternoon tasty vegan snacks.
The Croft Farm is in Great Gaddesden, about 30 minutes from Amersham. We are happy to try and connect people that may need a lift share.
What you need to bring:
- Yoga mat
- Blankets and things to keep you cosy in the sound spa
- Clothing for all weathers (layers!)
- Notepad and pen
- Your lunch and bottle of water
- Your swimmers and towel if you fancy using the hot
- A few extra bits to get creative, any or all of these… coloured pencils, felt pens, watercolour paints, wax crayons.
Deborah - The Chiltern Sound Spa
Deborah lives in the Chilterns with her family and dog.
She has a background in design and social innovation, founding her first business thinkpublic after volunteering at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital and being inspired by how simple design changes could improve patient and staff experience and communications across the NHS.
Throughout her career she has focused on creatively tackling global health & wellness challenges.
Inspired by her shamanic work, she's trained as a sound practitioner, sacred cacao ceremony facilitator and felt drawn to launch The Chiltern Sound Spa at the start of 2018 (on the Blue Moon) with the mission to share a broad range of practices that support mindful wellbeing.
Deborah's registered with the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
Jay - JNL Art Workshops
Jay is a professional artist and award-winning tutor. She lives on a houseboat with her partner and 3 rescue dogs.
After leaving art college where she studied illustration, graphics and printmaking Jay went on to run her own design studio for several years. Her clients included Harrods, Fortnum and Mason, John Lewis as well as several charities and voluntary organisations.
A chance meeting lead to Jay being approached to teach and run workshops, and since then sharing her skills has become a passion. She creates a fun, friendly atmosphere and an inclusive space where everyone learns.
Apologies, we are unable to offer refunds. However, if you can no longer make it, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and just let us know in advance.
- Ticket type
Creative Nature 1-day WellbeinPrice£85.00Sold Out
This event is sold out