Time & Location
About The Event
- Held in the beautiful woodlands of the Chartridge Estate, we’ll explore the amazing trees, leaves, plants, soil, singing birds and lots more.
- We'll take a mindfulness walk to open our awareness, bathing in the power and energy of mother nature.
- We take time to connect and work with the woodland to plant intentions for the month ahead.
- Connecting with the life and energy of the woodland.
- This event will go ahead no matter rain or shine, so please dress in suitable warm outdoor clothes that may get dirty. outdoor clothes and wellies!
What is Forest Bathing?
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means "taking in the forest atmosphere" or "forest bathing" was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine.
Shinrin-Yoku is an evidence-based approach to encouraging people to engage with the natural world – particularly trees; and demonstrating through clinical testing and research the physical and immunological benefits of contact with Nature.
This is not exercise, or hiking, or jogging. It is simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. Shinrin-yoku is like a bridge. By opening our senses, it bridges the gap between us and the natural world.
The scientifically-proven benefits of Shinrin-yoku include:
· Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body's Natural Killer (NK) cells.
· Reduced blood pressure
· Reduced stress
· Improved mood
· Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
· Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
· Increased energy level
· Improved sleep
Apologies, we are unable to offer refunds. However, if you can no longer make it, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and just let us know in advance.
- Forest Bathing£15£150£0