Forest Bathing & Song
Time & Location
About The Event
- Held in the beautiful woodlands of the Chartridge Estate, we’ll explore the amazing trees, leaves, plants, soil, singing birds and lots more.
- We'll take a mindfulness walk to open our awareness, bathing in the power and energy of mother nature.
- Listen to the bird songs and start to hear your inner voice.
- We take time to connect and work with the woodland to plant intentions for the month ahead.
- Connecting with the life and energy of the woodland.
- This event will go ahead no matter rain or shine, so please dress in suitable warm outdoor clothes that may get dirty. outdoor clothes and wellies!
The session will end with a chance to connect creatively with each other through our voices and song. Led by Rosie and Kasia from Music Nature Create, we will use our voices to merge with the natural sounds around us through breathing and relaxation, simple voice exercises and songs from around the globe. Everyone is welcome to join in or simply relax, listen and enjoy the sound of voices in song, alongside the sounds of the forest.
Music Therapists Rosie Axon and Kasia Sikora-Black founded the Music Nature Create project to develop a greater connection with the natural auditory environment, sharing songs and music in beautiful outdoor settings. Celebrating the tradition of learning by ear, Rosie and Kasia run group workshops and song circles for all ages at events and festivals, providing an inclusive space for self-expression, connection, and creating music together for fun.
What is Forest Bathing?
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means "taking in the forest atmosphere" or "forest bathing" was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine.
Shinrin-Yoku is an evidence-based approach to encouraging people to engage with the natural world – particularly trees; and demonstrating through clinical testing and research the physical and immunological benefits of contact with Nature.
This is not exercise, or hiking, or jogging. It is simply being in nature, connecting with it through our senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. Shinrin-yoku is like a bridge. By opening our senses, it bridges the gap between us and the natural world.
The scientifically-proven benefits of Shinrin-yoku include:
· Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body's Natural Killer (NK) cells.
· Reduced blood pressure
· Reduced stress
· Improved mood
· Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
· Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
· Increased energy level
· Improved sleep
If the event has to be canceled due to COVID restrictions you are entitled to a full refund or credit note. We will be outdoor and using social distance measures to make sure everyone if comfortable and safe. Please bring a facemask and hand gel.
- Forest bathing & song£15£150£0